Factory For ASTM 52100 Bearing Steel | 1.3505 | 100Cr6 | SUJ2 | EN31 Factory in Luxembourg
ASTM A295 is specification which covers 52100 high carbon bearing quality steelto be used in the manufacture of anti-friction bearings. And 52100 bearing steel is the most common steel grade in ASTM A295 standard for high-carbon anti-friction bearing steel. What is 52100 bearing steel? AISI/ASTM 52100 bearing steel is a high carbon, chromium containing low alloysteel that is through hardening and noted in particular for use asbearings. 52100 bearing steel is one kind of special steel with ...
Our team through professional training. Skilled professional knowledge, strong sense of service, to meet the service needs of customers for Factory For ASTM 52100 Bearing Steel | 1.3505 | 100Cr6 | SUJ2 | EN31 Factory in Luxembourg, With the aim of "compete with good quality and develop with creativity" and the service principle of "take customers' demand as orientation", we will earnestly provide qualified products and good service for domestic and international customers.
is specification which covers 52100 high carbon bearing quality steel
to be used in the manufacture of anti-friction bearings. And is the most common steel grade in ASTM A295 standard for high-carbon anti-friction bearing steel.
What is 52100 bearing steel?
52100 bearing steel is a high carbon, chromium containing low alloy
steel that is through hardening and noted in particular for use as
52100 bearing steel is one kind of special steel with features of
high wear resistance and rolling fatigue strength. High-carbon chromium
bearing steel, engineering steel and some types of stainless steel and
heat resistant steel are used as materials of bearings and for other
Advantages of Chrome Bearing Steel 52100:
Superior hardness, 60-67 on Rockwell hardness scale (Rc) at room temperature
High carbon chrome alloy steel
Operates continually at temperatures up to 120°C
Used to produce precision ball bearings and roller bearings
Long working life
1. Relevant Steel Specification of ASTM 52100 Bearing Steel
|Standard||ASTM A295||DIN 17230|
2. Chemical Composition of 52100 Bearing Steel and Equivalents
3. Mechanical Properties of ASTM A295 52100 Bearing Steel
|Bulk modulus (typical for steel)||140 GPa||20300 ksi|
|Shear modulus (typical for steel)||80 GPa||11600 ksi|
|Elastic modulus||190-210 GPa||27557-30458 ksi|
|Hardness, Knoop (converted from Rockwell C hardness)||875||875|
|Hardness, Rockwell C (quenched in oil from 150°C tempered)||62||62|
|Hardness, Rockwell C (quenched in water from 150°C tempered)||64||64|
|Hardness, Rockwell C (quenched in oil)||64||64|
|Hardness, Rockwell C (quenched in water)||66||66|
|Hardness, Vickers (converted from Rockwell C hardness)||848||848|
|Machinability (spheroidized annealed and cold drawn. Based on 100 machinability for AISI 1212 steel)||40||40|
52100 Steel Physical Properties
|Density||7.81 g/cm3||0.282 lb/in³|
52100 Alloy Steel Thermal Properties
|Thermal expansion co-efficient (@ 23-280°C/73.4- 36°F, annealed)||11.9 µm/m°C||6.61 µin/in°F|
|Thermal conductivity (typical steel)||46.6 W/mK||323 BTU in/hr.ft².°F|
4. Forging of A295 52100 Bearing Steel
52100 alloy steel is forged at 927 to 1205°C, and should not be forged
below 925ºC. A post-forge equalization treatment is recommended at 745ºC
for 4-6 hours followed by air cooling for SAE/AISI 52100 steel.
6. Heat Treatment for ASTM 52100 Bearing Steel
52100 alloy bearing steel is heated at 816°C followed by quenching in
oil. Before performing this process, it is subjected to normalizing heat
treatment at 872°C followed by slowly cooling in order to reduce the
AISI 52100 bearing steels alloy can be hot worked at 205 to 538°C.
AISI 52100 bearing steel can be cold worked using conventional techniques in the annealed or normalized conditions.
For spheroidize anneale, the following isothermal anneal is recommended:
1500ºF (815ºC) for 3 hours
1350ºF (735ºC) for 4 hours
1250ºF (675ºC) for 3 hours
Slow cool to 1000ºF (540ºC) then air cool.
AISI 52100 alloy bearing steel could be hardened by quenching in water from 801-829 degree or quench in oil from 816-842 degree.
Temper to desired hardness as indicated by tempering curves after water or oil quench.
5. Applications of 52100 Bearing Steel
steel 52100 grade bearing steel is mainly used for the manufacture of
aircraft bearings and other highly stressed parts. This steel grade
52100 steel is preferably vacuum arc re-melted to give optimum
Typical applications: Bearing Manufacture, CV joints, ball screws, gauges, knife etc.
Check out our live event and watch the introduction of the stunning 9.7-inch iPad Pro, beautiful new bands for Apple Watch, and iPhone SE — the most powerful 4-inch phone ever.
• ULTRA-HIGH PERFORMANCE BURS – Patented tooth geometry provides exceptional performance.
• BUR-MAXX CUT DESIGN – Large tooth wedge provides increased strength, durability and faster cut rate.
• TiN (TITANIUM NITRIDE) COATING – Substantially increases cutting performance and tool life.
• TWICE THE LIFE – The Bur-Maxx design plus super tough TiN coating provides up to twice the life of conventional TiN solid carbide burs.
• EXTREMELY FAST CUT RATE – Cuts twice as fast as other TiN coated burs.
• SMOOTHER CUTTING – Reduces vibration, chattering and stress.
• SUPERIOR FINISHES – Work surfaces have superior finish appearance and can require less re-work.
• REDUCED CHIP LOADING – TiN coating helps eliminate chip loading in teeth, and keeps cutting action smooth, consistent and fast.
• APPLICATIONS – Ideal for stock and weldment removal of mild steel, stainless steel, cast iron, alloys and other ferrous metals.